MBioS PSM Degree - Admissions
Thank you for your interest in the Professional Science Masters (PSM) Degree in The School of Molecular Biosciences (SMB). The PSM is designed to fill the growing national need for the broadened education of graduates from traditional science programs. Our PSM offers an interdisciplinary degree program that truly reflects the combination of graduate Science and Professional courses and involves quality course offerings by faculty members from across the WSU Campus.
Apply by the dates below to ensure full consideration:
(US Citizens or permanent residents)
Fall Term - June 1
Spring Term - November 1
Summer Term - March 1
Fall Term - March 1
Spring Term - June 1
Summer Term - November 1
Professional Science Master’s (PSM) Program at Washington State University accepts applicants for Fall, Spring, or Summer Term enrollment. Students or working professionals who have a background in science are encouraged to apply.
To be admitted to the PSM, you will need to have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in biology, biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry, genetics, microbiology or a related field.
- A 3.0 or better cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent of graded undergraduate work. The following undergraduate courses are specifically recommended: three semesters or a combination of general biology, microbiology, cell biology, genetics, or molecular biology courses and one semester each of organic chemistry, physics, biochemistry and calculus. Applicants who have a cumulative undergraduate GPA below 3.0 and have significant work experience in a relevant scientific field may be considered for admission.
- GRE’s – optional
- WSU requires TOEFL scores for International applicants who have not earned a previous degree from a US institution within the last two years of your expected admission date. A TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet based exam) is required.
How to Apply:
- Submit an online Graduate School application and $75 application fee to the WSU Graduate School. This will also include a video recorded response to two questions. A link to the questions and to record your responses will be emailed to you after your application is submitted.
- Forms and instructions are available through the WSU Graduate School website.
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation to the WSU Graduate School
- Submit transcripts of all previous courework
- No financial assistance is available through SMB for the PSM program. For information on other forms of financial aid, please visit www.finaid.wsu.edu.