Thank you for your interest in the Professional Science Masters (PSM) Degree in The School of Molecular Biosciences (SMB). The PSM is designed to fill the growing national need for the broadened education of graduates from traditional science programs. Our PSM offers an interdisciplinary degree program that truly reflects the combination of graduate Science and Professional courses and involves quality course offerings by faculty members from across the WSU Campus.
APPLY BY THE DATES BELOW TO ENSURE FULL CONSIDERATION
Fall Admission: July 15
Spring Admission: November 15
Summer Admission: March 30
Professional Science Master’s (PSM) Program at Washington State University accepts applicants for Fall, Spring, or Summer Term enrollment. Students or working professionals who have a background in science are encouraged to apply.
Tuition and Financial Aid
To apply for the PSM, you will need to have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in biology, biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry, genetics, microbiology or a related field.
- A 3.0 or better grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of graded undergraduate work. The following undergraduate courses are specifically recommended: three semesters of a combination of general biology, microbiology, cell biology, genetics, or molecular biology courses and one semester each of organic chemistry, physics, biochemistry and calculus.
- GRE’s – optional
How to Apply:
- Submit an online PSM Application (this is separate from the Grad school application!)
- Submit an online application and $75 application fee to the WSU Graduate School
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation to the WSU Graduate School
- No financial assistance is available through SMB for the PSM program