The following graded Science and Professional courses and Internship will be required by PSM students.
Science Required Courses
- MBioS 501 (3) Cell Biology*
- MBioS 503 (3) Molecular Biology I
- MBioS 513 (3) General Biochemistry I**
- MBioS 578 (3) Bioinformatics***
Professional Required Courses
One course from each of the following five professional areas:
- Phil 530 (2) Bioethics
- Phil 532 (3) Seminar in Business Ethics
- Phil 535 (3) Adv. Biomedical Ethics
- MBioS 580 (2) Scientific Information Literacy
- Engl 595 (3) Communicating in STEM
- Engl 495 (3) Rhetoric of Science and Technology
- Entrp 486 (3) Launching New Ventures
- EM 508 (3) Legal Concepts for Engineering and Technical Management
- Mktg 506 (3) Marketing Strategy
- EM 505 (3) Finance for Technical Systems
- EM 501 (3) Management of Organizations
- EM 564 (3) Project Management
- EM 575 (3) Performance Management in Technical Organizations
- EM 522 Supervision and Leadership for Engineering and Technology Majors
- MBioS 583 (1) Professional Skills Seminar (recommended the first semester of study)
The following graded Science and Professional courses will be electives for PSM students. Students are required to take 2 electives, at least one from the Science and one from the Professional Course elective groups.
Science Course Electives
- MBioS 504 (3) Molecular Biology II
- MBioS 514 (3) General Biochemistry II
- MBioS 550 (3) Microbial Physiology
- MBioS 574 (3) Protein Biotechnology
- MBioS 584 (3) Medical Genetics
- *MBIOS 585 (2) Molecular Biotechniques (tentatively planned for Summer 2016)
- *MBIOS 586 (1) Molecular Biotechniques Laboratory (tentatively planned for Summer 2016)
Professional Course Electives
- Stats 512 (3) Analysis of Variance of Designed Experiments
- MgtOp 588 (3) Management of Innovation
- IBus 380 (3) International Business
- EM 526 (3) Constraints Management
- EM 530 (3) Applications of Constraint Management
- EM 560 (3) Integrated Supply Chain Management
- EM 570 (3) Six Sigma Quality Management
- EM 595 (3) Program Facilities Management
- MBioS 702 (4) Master's Special Problems
- The courses for the PSM can be taken either through WSU online or via a combination of WSU online and on-campus at WSU-Pullman.
- Stats 512 has a prerequisite of Stats 412 (also offered online) or Math 360.
- MBioS 583 Professional Skills Seminar is offered online only.
- There are no prerequisites for the graduate Professional Course Electives or for the required undergraduate, Entrp 486, course. Entrp 486 should not be taken in the first semester of study.
- Students wishing to enroll in the graduate level Professional courses online MgtOp 588 and Mktg 506 must pay the higher cost of $750.00/credit.
- For course scheduling information check out PSM Tentative Course Offerings thru Fall2016 or visit the schedule of classes for current term
- All full-time non-thesis master’s degree students must register for one research credit of 700 or 702 each semester (excluding summers) to track faculty advisor effort.
- Students may not apply for the Graduate Certificate in Molecular Biosciences and the PSM at the same time.
- Students who completed and earned a grade of C or better in *MBIOS 401 as an undergraduate student at WSU will need to select (with advisor approval) a substitute course for MBIOS 501.
- Students who completed and earned a grade of C or better in **MBIOS 413 as an undergraduate student at WSU will need to select (with advisor approval) a substitute for MBIOS 513.
- Students who completed and earned a grade of C or better in ***MBIOS 478 as an undergraduate student at WSU will need to select (with advisor approval) a substitute for MBIOS 578.
SUGGESTED COURSEWORK TIMELINE FOR PSM GRADUATE PROGRAM
Course descriptions and links to courses/prerequisites may be found using the following links:catalog.wsu.edu/Pullman/Academics/Courses/MBIOS for Molecular Biosciences, and catalog.wsu.edu/Pullman/Courses for all other academic areas.