The following graded Science and Professional courses and Internship will be required by PSM students.
Science Required Courses
- MBioS 501 (3) Cell Biology
- MBioS 503 (3) Molecular Biology I
- MBioS 513 (3) General Biochemistry I
- MBioS 578 (3) Bioinformatics
Professional Required Courses
One course from each of the following five professional areas:
- Phil 530 (2) Bioethics
- Phil 532 (3) Seminar in Business Ethics
- Phil 535 (3) Adv. Biomedical Ethics
- MBioS 580 (2) Scientific Information Literacy
- Engl 595 (3) Communicating in STEM
- Engl 495 (3) Rhetoric of Science and Technology
- Entrp 486 (3) Topics in New Venture Business Planning
- EM 508 (3) Legal Concepts for Engineering and Technical Management
- Mktg 506 (3) Marketing Strategy
- EM 505 (3) Finance for Technical Systems
- COM 564 (3) Applied Quantitative Methods
- EM 501 (3) Management of Organizations
- EM 564 (3) Project Management
- EM 575 (3) Performance Management in Technical Organizations
- EM 522 Supervision and Leadership for Engineering and Technology Majors
- MBioS 583 (1) Professional Skills Seminar
The following graded Science and Professional courses will be electives for PSM students. Students are required to take 2 electives, at least one from the Science and one from the Professional Course elective groups. MBioS 583 (1) Professional Skills Seminar is recommended to all students in the first semester of study.
Science Course Electives
- MBioS 504 (3) Molecular Biology II
- MBioS 514 (3) General Biochemistry II
- MBioS 550 (3) Microbial Physiology
- MBioS 574 (3) Protein Biotechnology
- MBioS 584 (3) Medical Genetics
Professional Course Electives
- Stats 512 (3) Analysis of Variance of Designed Experiments
- MgtOp 588 (3) Management of Innovation
- IBus 380 (3) International Business
- EM 526 (3) Constraints Management
- EM 530 (3) Applications of Constraint Management
- EM 560 (3) Integrated Supply Chain Management
- EM 570 (3) Six Sigma Quality Management
- EM 595 (3) Program Facilities Management
- MBioS 702 (4) Master's Special Problems
- The courses for the PSM can be taken either through WSU online or via a combination of WSU online and on-campus at WSU-Pullman.
- Stats 512 has a prerequisite of Stats 412 (also offered online) or Math 360.
- MBioS 568/580 Advanced Topics in Molecular Biosciences (Professional Seminar)/Scientific Information Literacy are offered online only.
- There are no prerequisites for the graduate Professional Course Electives or for the required undergraduate, Entrp 486, course. Entrp 486 should not be taken in the first semester of study.
- Students wishing to enroll in the graduate level Professional courses online MgtOp 588 and Mktg 506 must pay the higher cost of $750.00/credit.
- Please note term of offering for WSU online and Pullman campus courses, updated here or check schedule of classes for current term
- All full-time non-thesis master’s degree students must register for one research credit of 700 or 702 each semester (excluding summers) to track faculty advisor effort.
- Students may not apply for the Graduate Certificate in Molecular Biosciences and the PSM at the same time.
SUGGESTED COURSEWORK TIMELINE FOR PSM GRADUATE PROGRAM
Course descriptions and links to courses/prerequisites may be found using the following links:http://catalog.wsu.edu/Pullman/Academics/Courses/MBIOS for Molecular Biosciences, andhttp://catalog.wsu.edu/Pullman/Courses for all other academic areas.